Wednesday, October 15, 2008

excel

I am really excited to begin learning how to use Excel. My dad asks me if I know how to use it anytime he tries to get me to organize anything. I'm not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure he has said the phrase "You know how to use Excel, right?" at least once a month since I was 12 or 13. He tried to teach me once, and I think I left more confused than when I started. Oh well.

I think Excel would be great to use when creating worksheets to be printed off or for use on the computer, like the interactive worksheet on compound words we created. I probably will never actually create an interactive worksheet for my students to do unless I have have a classroom set of computers. I would rather my students do a more interactive, research-based, or game-based assignment on the computer than a glorified worksheet. These interactive worksheets are just too similar to regular worksheets to be worth the trouble and precious computer time. (I say precious because I'm not holding my breath to have a full set of computers in my classroom.)

No comments: